Temporary full-time and Temporary part-time
We are currently recruiting for Temporary Pharmacists both FT and PT for Altnagelvin Hospital.
- Participate in the work of the dispensary, including clinical and accuracy checking of prescriptions and dispensed medicines, both within the dispensary and at ward level.
- Review and assess inpatient and outpatient prescriptions for legality, accuracy, safety and appropriateness of drug therapy.
- Ensure all work completed complies with Medicines Ethics and Practice, local policies and procedures, risk management and health and safety policies and protocols.
- Communicate recommendations on drug therapy to doctors, nurses and other relevant healthcare professionals.
- Liaise with relevant clinical pharmacists on patient care issues.
- Dispense and supply medicines.
- M.Pharm in Pharmacy or equivalent
- Membership of the Pharmaceutical Society of NI or eligible for membership
- Hold a full current driving licence and have access to a car on appointment
Please note working hour are 08:30 – 17:00 Mon to Fri, with some requirement to cover 11:00 – 20:00 rota.
P/T hours are 18.75 hours per week.
If you feel this role is suitable for you, please apply using the link or alternatively please get in touch with Stephen Hill on 02890 270747 or firstname.lastname@example.org