Prison Setting | Healthcare Assistants | Mental Health | Agency | Temporary
Bond Healthcare are currently recruiting for MENTAL HEALTH trained healthcare assistants who are have their clinical observations training.
You will be placed in to temporary/ ad hoc shifts in a prison setting - either in Belfast or Lisburn.
You must have have experience working in a mental health hospital setting. Prison clinic experience is desirable.
Healthcare Assistant duties:
- Assist in patient/ service users with fundamental nursing care in all aspects of the activities of daily living, as delagated by registered staff, for example - washing, toileting, eating and drinking
- Patients care and support plan – Undertaking tasks detailed in the patients care plan, making recommendations for improvement
- Confidentiality – Responsible for the careful handling of personal possessions and private documents
- Health and Safety – Making sure that the patient and employee environment is kept to a high standard of cleanliness and ensure that everything is tidy and in order
- Observations and Monitoring – Observe and monitor patients to ensure the highest standard of care, make recommendations when needed and monitor patients progress
- Teamwork – Working alongside a healthcare professional, carrying out activities delegated to you, ensuring that a high standard of care is provided at all times
- Work Independently – Have confidence to work on your own and use your initiative when needed
- Compliance - Comply fully with the Northern Ireland Prison Service (NIPS) policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols as relevant to healthcare staff
Healthcare Assistant experience;
To join our agency as a healthcare assistant it is essential you must have at least 3 months, recent, full time paid experience working in a ward setting- carrying out personal care to patients.
- It is absolutely ESSENTIAL to have at least 3 months recent experience on providing care within a Mental Health hospital setting
- Clinical Observation training is ESSENTIAL (We can help you obtain this training)
- Outstanding communications skills – written and verbal
Benefits for our Healthcare Assistants;
- FREE TRAINING! – All theory training can be completed on our brand new eLearning portal on our Bond Healthcare website
- Competitive pay rates that is paid weekly!
- Free Bond Healthcare uniform
- Work patterns that are flexible to suit your lifestyle
- Days and nights available – your choice what shift hours you work!
- Work in a high skilled team
- An experienced, dedicated team at Bond Healthcare who will help you every step of the way.
**Please note an Access NI Enhanced Disclosure will be required for this position.
Bond Healthcare is a specialist health and social care agency with an in depth sector knowledge, giving you unrivalled access to a quality service and an agency upon which you can rely.
How to apply -
If you are a Healthcare Assistant with mental health experience please apply via our online application process, by emailing Rebecca your experience or CV to email@example.com or by calling 028 90 270 747
Please include all recent experience in Mental Health.