Deputy Home Manager - Wallsend
44 hours on days
My client is recruiting for a Deputy Home Manager to join their lovely, 60 bedded elderly nursing care facility in Wallsend.
This home specializes in end of life and dementia care. On offer to you is a fantastic salary plus a generous benefits package.
What will you require for this Deputy Home Manager role?
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate a clean and valid NMC pin and a passion for elderly care. Ideally you will have over 3 years experience within the nursing home setting in a senior nurse position.
What duties can you expect as a Deputy Home Manager?
- Supervision of staff & leading a team
- Team/staff appraisals
- Mentoring and training junior staff
- Working alongside the manager to ensure the best practice
- Managing all nurses and care staff on the floor
- Delegating tasks and holding team meetings
- Ensure all patients are cared for at the highest standards
- Ensuring all staff comply with NMC guidelines
- Ensuring high quality care is at the forefront of everything
- Generation of new care plans
- Planning and delivering person centred care
- Assessing patients’ needs
- Monitoring patients
- Administering medication
- Ensuring all medication is stored correctly and safely
- Wound care & dressings
- Pressure wound care
- PEG feeds
- Staff handovers
- Dealing with MDT and other healthcare professionals
- Communicating with relatives
- Assisting with budgeting and marketing for the home
- Helping with the recruitment for new staff
To apply for this Deputy Home Manager vacancy, please use the link provided below to submit your CV and details.