Community Mental Health teams for Older People enable those people living with a mental illness, and their carer(s) to be supported to lead as independent life as possible.
Each Team works with a range of professionals within Primary and Secondary Care and the independent, voluntary and community sectors.
Bond Healthcare is currently recruiting Band 3 Community Support Workers for the Community Mental Health for Older People teams across County Antrim... Magherafelt / Cookstown, Causeway / Coleraine, Antrim / Ballymena, Larne / Carrick, Newtownabbey
Your role will be to work as a member of a team under the direction and supervision of Senior Staff; to ensure the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of individuals are being met.
- To provide bespoke 1-1 care in settings such as service users own home/ care setting
- Assist and promote independence e.g. enabling service user to participate in their own personal and practical care and ensuring the privacy, dignity and rights of service user are maintained.
- To help to create a relaxed environment which will maintain and enhance quality of life for each service user and maximise opportunity for choice and self-determination.
- To help implement an individual programme of care to meet service users social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
The role may involve weekend, bank holiday, waking night cover
A full job description is available
The requirement for the role of Community Support Worker:
- QCF II in Care (or equivalent; BTEC / GNVQ Certificate or higher)
- 6 months experience in Care
By date of appointment, successful applicants will also be required to have current NI Social Care Council (NISCC) registration and a fuill driving licence and access to a car for business purposes.
To be considered please forward a CV to Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org