Community Mental Health teams for Older People enable those people living with a mental illness, and their carer(s) to be supported to lead as independent life as possible.
Each Team works with a range of professionals within Primary and Secondary Care and the independent, voluntary and community sectors.
Bond Healthcare is currently recruiting Band 5 Community Support Managers for the Community Mental Health for Older People Teams across County Antrim...team bases are Magherafelt / Cookstown, Causeway / Coleraine, Antrim / Ballymena, Larne / Carrick, Newtownabbey
Your role will be:
- To assist with the timely discharge from hospital / community beds
- To liaise with multidisciplinary staff / agencies/service users and their families and carers in meeting the needs of the service users;
- To liaise with multidisciplinary staff / agencies/service users and their families and carers in supporting timely discharge from hospital/ community beds
- To co-operate with colleagues and work effectively as a team;
- To carry out risk assessments as appropriate;
- Complete Carer Assessments/ reassessments and reviews in accordance with carer legislation;
A full job description is available
The requirement for the role of Community Support Manager:
- Professional Qualification in Social Work recognised by NISCC,
- Nursing Qualification recognised by the NMC,
- Allied Health Profession recognised by HCPC,
- NVQ Level III in Supervisory Management,
- NVQ/QCF Level II in Care,
- NVQ Level III in Management or QCF level III in Health and Social Care.
By date of appointment, successful applicants will also be required to have current NI Social Care Council (NISCC) registration and a full driving licence and access to a car for business purposes.
To be considered please forward a CV to Stephen.email@example.com