On behalf of our NHS Client, Bond Healthcare is recruiting a Band 8a QA Pharmacist for an ongoing, long term locum assignment within their Radiopharmacy Department in Belfast.
The main purpose of your role will be to manage and co-ordinate quality assurance activities in the Radiopharmacy
production facility ensuring that the service operates in compliance with relevant statutory legislation, standards and guidance. Collaborate with the Chief Radiopharmacist and production staff to ensure effective integration of quality
- Responsible for the management and operation of the Pharmaceutical Quality
System (PQS) in the Radiopharmacy production facility
- To lead on the investigation of quality deviations, identifying root causes and
appropriate corrective and preventative actions. Contribute to, and peer review,
investigations lead by other members of the quality and production teams
- Contribute to the management of risk in the service through
application of the principles of quality risk management
- Provide expertise and advice on the Pharmaceutical quality requirements for
introduction and supply of new radiopharmaceuticals from the department.
- Responsible for release of prepared radiopharmaceuticals as nominated
You will have:
- A MPharm/BSc degree in Pharmacy
- At least 5 years post-registration experience including:
i) At least 2 years’ hospital pharmacy experience at band 7 or above,
ii) At least 2 years’ experience in a quality assurance or GMP role.
- Membership of Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland or eligible for membership.
- Have a diploma/MSc in Pharmaceutical Technology and Quality Assurance (PTQA) or equivalent or willing to commence this within two years of appointment.
- Experience and knowledge of aseptic/manufacture of sterile medicinal products.
- Good working understanding and application of regulatory requirements, including Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and pharmaceutical quality systems.
- Experience of developing and implementing pharmacy related policies and procedures
A suitable non-pharmacist candidate with experience in a quality assurance or GMP role, with experience of aseptic manufacture of sterile medicinal products would also be of interest.
A full Job Description is available
To be considered please forward a CV to Stephen.email@example.com