A “Looked After Children” social work service seeks to return children / young people in care to live with their birth family / extended family, offering support while this happens. Where return is not possible, they find a permanent option using a variety of legal options.
As a Social Worker within a “LAC” team, you will regularly visit children / young people to support and monitor their wellbeing and to listen to their views about their situation. Social Workers prepare Care Plans for each child to facilitate development of their physical and emotional wellbeing, including regular contact with schools and to update on the progress of the children / young people.
We are recruiting Qualified Social Workers on behalf of our client for their Looked After Children teams in L/Derry and Omagh.
Applications are welcome from experienced Social Workers as well as those newly qualified in their Assessed Year of Employment (AYE).
To be considered please forward a CV to Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Suitable Social Worker applicants will:
- Hold a recognised Professional Social Work qualification (CQSW/ Dip SW/ CSS).
- Hold appropriate NISCC registration.
- Hold a full current driving license valid for use in the UK and have access to a car.
- Possess the interest and desire to make a positive difference in the life of children / young people
Working for Bond Healthcare means:
- Weekly pay
- Up to 37 days per year of paid holidays (pro rata)
- FREE Enhanced Access NI disclosure
- FREE Occupational Health clearance
- FREE advice and guidance from highly experienced Social Work recruiters