On behalf of the NI Fire and Rescue Service we are recruiting an Admin Assistant for their Service Support Centre, Boucher Road, Belfast. This is a full time, temporary assignment expected to last for 6 months.
- As an integral member member of the Service Support Centre you will provide a customer-focused administrative service to all internal and external customers
- To provide administrative support to the Service Support Directorate including production of technical documents, manuals and standard operating procedures, as directed by the Service Support Business Manager.
- To act as the initial point of contact for the Service Support Business Unit including receiving, recording and assigning queries and/or information to the relevant manager or administrative unit.
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence of a general nature, including drafting responses and/or forwarding to the appropriate section.
- To prepare and collate relevant information, letters, memos, statistics, reports and other documents for the Directorate as required, including confidential material and appropriate information relating to budgets.
- To design, create and maintain databases, spreadsheets and other documents, in conjunction with the Service Support Business Manager.
- To prepare and provide materials, reports and presentations for the Service Support Business Manager using appropriate software packages.
- To provide administrative support for internal and external meetings at the appropriate level, in conjunction with the Service Support Business Manager, as required.
A full Job Description is available. To apply, or for more information, please send your CV to email@example.com
- Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths,
- Have at least two years’ experience of working in a demanding office environment, carrying out a range of business support tasks including scheduling and administrative support for meetings.
- Have at least Four years’ experience of working in an office environment, carrying out a range of business support tasks including scheduling and administrative support for meetings.
- Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications, in particular databases and MS Word.
- effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail and the ability to work individually or as a team member;
- effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
- a customer service orientation.
- Experience of taking and producing minutes and action plans arising from meetings.
- Experience of working within local government or the public sector.