A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Qualified Social Worker to work within a Young Witness Service to provide support and assistance to Children and Young People under 18 years of age who have to attend court as prosecution witnesses.
Your role will be to provide information and advice to children and young people, as well as their family, friends and supporters, before, during and after the trial.
Being a witness can be a daunting and intimidating experience for a child. The support you offer will aim to:
- Reduce the stress experienced by children and young people
- Prevent further trauma
- Ensure full and appropriate attention is given by professionals and the criminal justice system to the needs of young witnesses
You will have:
- A recognised Social Work qualification and current live registration with the NI Social Care Council (NISCC) - Part 1
- Experience of direct work with children and their families and ability in identifying risk and initiating child protection interventions
- Knowledge of up to date child protection best practice, research and legislation
A full job description and person specification is available.
To be considered please and / or forward a CV to Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org