People are living longer than ever before, and the proportion of older people in our society is growing. In Northern Ireland we have the fastest growing older people’s population in the UK, which currently stands at 272,819 aged 65 and over.
This is rightly a cause for celebration. However, population ageing, with the fastest rise in the ‘oldest old’, means that the overall number of people in our society with health or care needs has risen. This trend holds new responsibilities and challenges for Health and Social Care services in helping older people stay healthy, active and independent for as long as possible.
As a Social Worker within an Older Persons Social Work team will work as a keyworker, to build a therapeutic working relationship with elderly service users to address the specific challenges of the aging process by promoting independence, autonomy, and dignity in later life.
Social Workers work with a range of other professionals and agencies to arrange care packages to assist those who require care to remain living at home, or access care in a residential setting when this is no longer possible.
Suitable Social Workers will:
- Hold a recognised Professional Social Work qualification (CQSW/ Dip SW/ CSS).
- Hold appropriate NISCC registration.
- Hold a full current driving license valid for use in the UK and have access to a car.
Bond Healthcare's Social Workers get:
- Weekly pay
- Up to 37 days per year of paid holidays (pro rata)
- FREE Enhanced Access NI disclosure
- FREE Occupational Health clearance
- FREE Advice and guidance from highly experienced Social Work recruiters
To be considered please forward a CV to Stephen.email@example.com